Friday, June 27, 2008

AWWW good times!

I can't tell you how happy I am to be back into society, back into the real world. I do have to say in my in-laws defense, I do have fresh eggs, fresh veggies, and good home cooking, but still...NO INTERNET...seriously. Just some highlights from the last 3 weeks:
I found a sprinkler park that we frequented.
Visited the local park occasionally.
Drove to NC to a place called the Fun Factory.
Went to a local beach a few times, that was like the river turned beachish with sand.
Spent time around the house or went to the pasture.
That's about it folks...can you see why I was on the verge of insanity.
I really wish I could show pictures, perhaps another time.
Oh wait, I do have an out of character story that may amuse you...
One morning I was looking out the kitchen window only to find a baby goat had gotten out of the pen. My father-in-law was home, but was in no condition to catch a goat. Seriously how hard could it be? I had to step up and volunteer to catch the poor goat. He laughed straight at me, and thought it was the funniest thing. The little city girl was going out to attempt to be a country girl..hey I was ready for a challenge! So after running around like a chicken without a head, I decided to make a plan. I the city girl had to outsmart the country goat. I chased her and blocked it up against a shed and literally jumped on her. OK laugh, but I caught the little critter. Let me tell you now for those of you who have never caught a baby goat...they are fast, so don't try this at home...you may not have the skills I had to catch her and still look fab after! Needless to say I went straight to the shower to scrub all the goat cooties off me. My boys thought it was COOL!! I rocked!
There really is so much more, but I need to go rest and just hang out with my cousin for a bit before hitting the sack.
SO now I get to come back and muse some about my teacher training after two fun filled days!! Yesterday, Thursday, was so great. I have to say I really got more out of this 9 hour day than I did through 9 months of regular teacher training. LOL Really, it was so helpful, insightful, and enlightening. Today we did more teaching and following the recipe for baking a pound cake. You might be wondering what the hell is she talking about....i will explain more later..hehe See now you will have to come back and read more to find out what I am talking about.

3 comments:

Christina Sell said...

I love the goat story. Laughing. Me. Out loud.

Kelly, upon hearing about your move from Georgia back to Texas says that perhaps you are giving up too early... He said, "Tell her that I made it eight weeks." Obviously, he is kidding. And I am glad you will be around this fall.

KaraM said...

Finally getting to catch up on your blog.. I LOVE this story. I can totally picture you running around with your arms out trying to catch this goat without having to really touch it.. :) heh heh

Have a great holiday weekend! Miss you bunches!

Faith Chenault said...

OMG - you are killing me with your goat story...but I can so relate everytime I try to chase down my 16 month old! Welcome back to civilizationa!!! And we all hope you can join us for a class at the Dell gym before you head off to paradise! :)