Friday, June 6, 2008

UP UP AND AWAY!!

So after craziness and chaos, we are finally out of TX and in GA. We have made it up to the North GA mountains...God's Country, the land of the free, where the kids can roam for days, Fresh air O' plenty, and the came place that has a whole lot of NOTHING for me!!! Seriously, what am I going to do here for a month?? I will go more into detail about this in a bit. I would like to begin this blog with a recap if you will of the last 21 months in Austin, TX. I really and truly can't believe that our time there has flown....I guess time flies when you are having fun!!!
SO here it is: HIGHLIGHTS
TY:
*Preschool with the Koalas- age 2 in with some 3 year olds
*Potty trained in 2 weeks- age 2
*Valedictorian of his preschool class- speech involved (we were so proud)
*Soccer star
*Basketball star
*Pre-K with 4 years olds...Panda Class(jumped ahead of his peers)- age 3 with 4 year olds
*Learned how to use the computer, stereo, DVD player- well really any electronic device
*Learned some yoga (imagine that)
*Really matured in size and abilities- 4 going on 16
All in all a true blast!!

CADE:
*Preschool with the Teddy Bears- age 1
*Moved to Koalas- age 2
*Surgery- Tubes and tonsils out- age 2
*Increased vocabulary and talks non stop
*Became adventurous, and daring
*First time in a pool to swim
*Learned some yoga
All in all came out of his shell, and enjoyed what life threw at him...a real free spirit!

JASON:
*Grad school- long crazy hours for 21 months
*Season Tickets to Longhorn games and surrounding games
*Austin's Sexiest Man 2007 calendar- Mr. September (he looked so hot!)I was so proud!
*Commissioned to officer
*Improved golf game
*Enjoyed time with family and friends-time off in summer and breaks
Over all very productive time and a time to truly remember ( I have the calendar to prove it!

ME:
*Graduated YYTT- Yoga Yoga Teacher training 2007
*Fell in LOVE with Anusara Yoga through my teacher Christina Sell
*Yoga workshops galore
*Workshop in Woodlands with John Friend- AMAZING!!!
*Two fab teaching jobs that allowed me to learn, grow and make friends
*Completed Anusara Immersion- 108 hours
*Board for Austin Preschool Mother's Club- Programs Coordinator
*Parent Partner for Koala Class and Panda Class (that's like room mother)
*Many connections to Austin that I will never forget!
An experience that really can't be put down in words...a time that I have begun to really know me, and not who I am as far as mommy, wife, etc...but ME! That my dear friends is priceless!!!

So now I am here is GA. Sitting in a library because my in-laws don't have Internet connection- seriously who does not have Internet connection. Jason has the boys at a nearby park awaiting my phone call. As I look around me a the beauty this area brings, I can help but continue to look around and say- What no mall? No Starbucks? no HEB or Whole foods? to name a few. Where has my husband brought me?? Sure those of you who love the outdoors are probably saying...seriously Jen, but sorry folks, I like certain things and well, just can't live long without them! So there the awful truth comes out...oh well that's just the way it is. In the meantime, I did find Starbucks mocha in the 4 pack at Quality Foods...that's the local grocery store. I have to travel quite a ways for the Mall of GA- about 45 min or so.
Okay I have just been told that I only have 5 minutes left on the computer...when does it end people..seriously!! timing me on the computer..this place is dead, it's not like there is line waiting...
More to write when I get a chance.
LOVE TO ALL!!!
MISSING YOU!!

5 comments:

Christina Sell said...

Welcome to the Hills of Georgia, Princess! (LOL) I feel your pain. Kelly also feels your pain. He lived in Georgia when I was in India. 8 weeks in a town with one stop light and no coffee shop.(Although to my parent's credit, they do have internet.)

Love you.

P.S. Enjoy the boiled peanuts.

Jen said...

Thanks Christina! We spent the day yesterday in Helen at Unicoi State Park at the beachy area...that was fun.
I will probably be fine for a few more weeks, but geeze... I really have to find more things to do to pass the time...

Faith Chenault said...

I am laughing out loud - and feeling sorry for you...being stuck in the middle o' nowhere. But maybe you should consider this your penance before you move to HAWAII!!! We miss you terribly at the Dell Gym (although Emily is doing a great job!)
Hang in there!
Faith

Jen said...

Oh Faith it is so good to hear from you!! I miss you all terribly!! Glad to hear all is well, and keep in touch! Can't wait to get on that island!!! I have been good..karma should be in order hehehe

Anne-Marie Schultz said...

Just chiming in on the feel your pain... My parents have internet in their house and I made them get it in the guest house.

Bascially, you are in the liminal space.. waiting for the next phase of life to begin!!! That's exciting.