Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quality Time with Mom

So my mom and I took full advantage of the holiday! The boys had school, so we hit the town. We dropped the kids off at 8:25, and were on our way to Starbucks. I treated my mom to white chocolate mocha...yum my fav! During our latte time, I was on the phone with my cousin Beka talking yoga stuff. At one point, my mom made a comment about yoga, and before we knew it there was a gentleman coming straight for our table. As he approached, he said "forgive me but I really was not ease dropping I just heard you say something about yoga...I want to know where I can go to do yoga?" Before I knew it my mom had already engrossed in conversation, given him my bio, told him he HAD to take classes from me, and next thing I knew, he was giving me his business card with his email to let him know when I will start teaching(which starts in a few weeks). OK so for those of you who know my mom..she is quick..light speed and can talk anyone under the table! So needless to say I have a student eager and willing, and the best part, he is going to tell all his friends and they will take classes too..yeah! (World domination continues Christina)...Thanks Mom!! After coffee, we headed straight for the mall. Macy's was having a sale, so we were sale bound! I found some darling sparkly sandals that were on sale from $80 to $32..SCORE!!! one of my favorite colors is sparkly, even better, my mom bought them for me!!! YEAH BABY! Oh how it takes me back to old times when my mom would make the purchases for me...no responsibility, no worries, obviously no kids..okay tangent. Anyway, after the mall, we went to the nail salon..mom got a pedicure and I got a manicure..I had already had a pedicure so I opted for the hands...fun. Off to lunch from there...sushi! Before we knew it, we had only two hours left, and so much more we wanted to do, so we headed downtown. Downtown Laredo is the place to go if you want costume jewelry, perfume, and little nick knack stuff. The prices are awesome, and you can find great deals. Perfume prices are much less than the dept stores, and for the same thing. My grandmother was out of her ultra fav perfume, so we headed walking down this one drag in search of her flavor. I the process, I bought a new fragrance, Ed Hardy, yum O! I don't wear perfume often, but occasionally if I want to smell like something other than essential oils. Before we knew it we were pulling into the house at 3:05,just in time to pick up the boys. Whew! What fun! It had been a while since my mom and I had spent time like that. Usually we had the boys with us, or we were only gone for 1-2 hours because of the boys. Fun Times!!
On to a new day, and off to practice yoga baby!

1 comment:

ScottK said...

Seven days without a post? It's hard to keep up with your Journey when there are no posts to read! (smile) Hope you are doing well.