Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a Friday!

OK so more adventure and excitement..NOT!! SERIOUSLY why me?? I have been good... karma should be on line and on track...
So the great part about my Friday was the morning, just the morning...Sad but great! I taught my last class ever at the Y, last class ever in Austin(tear, sniffle sniffle). I don't ever do this, but I took requests from the students and incorporated it into the practice I had in mind. Fun practice filled with standing poses, hip openers, and balancing poses...good mix. After the practice, Erin, one of the other instructors brought Yogi Tea.....YUMMY!!!! We had a gathering, drank some tea, and said Aloha to each other (you know that means hello and goodbye). Tears were shed, and laughing filled the room. The unbelievable changes that have occurred in this room! From stronger practices, better breathing, to Genieva going up side down in L pose. When I first took this class over, and introduced going upside down to them, some thought I was CRAZY and they were NOT going to do it. Well, glad to say that in the end...ALL were upside down(huh Genieva?)...YAY!!! You are so awesome!!! Thanks to all for the wonderful cards and gifts!! Such lovely words and thoughts..you all made me cry!!Sandy the book is perfect!! A great momento to remember Austin. Joan- just what we needed- the guide rocks!! Karin- I cried to see my mug...I LOVE IT, and more so because you made it. Karin makes pottery. I will post her info so you all can check it out..BEAUTIFUL!! It has my name on it and everything!!! Genieva, the earrings are so cute...they are perfect for the prep of the move. Ellen, thanks for the gift card. It will come in very handy! Love to ALL of you!!!!
Anyway, after class went home to get ready for my trip....
I was driving Jason's Durango down because the Rover didn't fit all I needed to take down to Laredo (two boys= two bikes). I miss my Suburban!! Anyway, just before I was getting ready to leave, I rolled the window down to give my hubby a farewell smooch, and the window would not go back up..not only would it not go back up, but dropped all the way down. Jason took some time to dismantle the door in attempts to fix it, but to no avail...how upset was I and he knew it too. So needless to say I had to drive all the was to Laredo with the freakin' window down...SERIOUSLY!! This would have never happened if I would have had my truck (I know obsession- OK whatever I am human too). After a couple of phone calls to my cousin Beka, my older bother Mark, and a few choice words that I really should not post, I still did not feel better...In fact I was even more angry! The boys slept half the way..I don't know how...It was like a freight train coming through the truck, and my hair looked like a rats nest...Never in my life have I had to go through something like this. Don't get me wrong, I am all about the fresh air and the windows down, but I have a choice in the matter. The window gods decided to take that choice from me. Like I said, I have been good! Anyway, got to Laredo fine, only to have the boys ready for some movement. Being confined for 3 1/2 no bueno. They were ready to run free like wild animals in the jungle. Here I thought we would go run and frolic, and they wanted to play golf. OK fine, so we went to the park across the street to swing some clubs. Ty is really good and precise, Cade just swings and you better stay out of his way. Well, I just when I was not looking, Cade comes towards me and nails me right in the shin. OUCH!! and a few other words came out of my mouth (I have been doing that quite a bit today). So now, not only did I have a migraine from the trip down, but sustained a golf injury, and I was not even playing...IS THERE A HOLE I CAN CRAWL INTO AND HIDE!!!???? Glad to see the day come to an end! WOW! All I could say was WHATEVER!!!!

No comments: