Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Little All Star

After practicing for a few weeks, the time has come...the first game of the basketball season. Game on at 5:15 so pre-game preparation went something like this:

* the all important "pep talk" (like I know Jason would have done)
** went potty
*** got the basketball uniform on (real uniform that is)
**** drank a big glass of milk like all sport stars do (I told him that anyway)
***** piled in the car off to the game.

Once we found parking we made a dash for the door..he could hardly wait!
There was still a game going on so the waiting was so intense...the team could hardly control themselves...
Our turn!
They dashed to the court in preparation for pre-game warm-up.
Player after player shooting their "free throws" oh so exciting!

Game on!
Ty was first string. Earlier when I picked him up the director of the school was so excited that he would start, and that it was mentioned he was the "team scorer"...so the pressure was on!
The coaches of the team switched out players every quarter. We had 2 minute quarters. Finally, in between falling all over the floor, comparing jerseys, dancing up and down, running around like chickens without heads, our team made a basket. YAY!! only to turn around and have the other team make a basket. BOO! Before we knew it, game over, BUT we had to go into overtime. PRESSURE ON! WHO was to win? WHO would make that tie breaker shot? WHAT team would come out victorious? WHO would take it all? Parents yelling, coaches yelling, kids running up and down court, time clock ticking...so much pressure....50 seconds remaining we had the ball...dribble dribble shoot was coming from the coaches...so intense. He gets the ball, he dribbles, he shoots-everyone holds their breath- HE SCORES!!!! The crowd goes wild, the team goes crazy, so crazy they forgot they still had a few seconds left on the clock...the other team gets the ball....they go up for the basket, they miss...timer goes off, and we win the game!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

SO that "HE" in the story is non other than my 4 year old TY ROBINSON! The boy that won it all ( OK I can say this I am his mom after all!) okay maybe not won it all, but at least won the game for the team.
He was so excited and could not wait to tell his daddy!
SO much fun was had that I have almost lost my voice...I am totally the cheering mom kind...really, I can't keep my mouth shut! Must be from 8 years of being a cheerleader...I don't know... just saying!
Well, another game tomorrow, wed, so we will see what it has in store for Los Pepitos School then!
More updates to come!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Congratulations on the game. Cheerleader??? Why am I not surprised! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
Pammy