Thursday, October 23, 2008

When You Put Your Mind to Something

So in my last entry, I talked about the class that KICKED MY ASS...well friends proud to say NO MORE!!! I went back to hip hop class Monday night, ready to take on the 150 sit up challenge....YEA BABY!! Kicked Ass and took names! I was able to get through all the reps and even jumped up at the end of it all. Last Thursday I could hardly get up off the floor...Not Monday, in fact, I jumped up and cheered (to myself of course) as all the high schoolers just looked with puzzled faces. I was pumped I made it through...I was determined! I won't be able to go to class this Thursday, buy will be back on Monday pumped and ready for more! Now I know why my cousin is a tooth pick...all this dancing and moving..whew!

My public yoga classes are going really well. I had a new student on Monday, so that was great. The regulars are really excited and want more and more... We are going through the principles, and we are on inner spiral right now. Next week outer spiral...so fun! Now keep in mind these are all people who have never done yoga, so they are still learning their bodies, and how to move them....I have seen improvement all ready. It is really exciting!

Ty is on the basketball team for his pre-school. They have been having practice after school, and loves it! They begin the season next week so this will be interesting. They have been holding practice at the high school I graduated from. Being there has taken me back to the 80's (OK giving my age away) and remembering walking those halls and cheering in that gym...WOW! The school now has a new gym, but we are holding practice in the old gym which is used for PE classes. I have to say that it is a bit disheartening...the school looks really run down. I had a great 4 years there, but it is so not the same...sad! Oh well, life goes on. Taking a flashback was fun though. I was walking Cade around showing him where I took classes and hung out...he really didn't care, I was talking more to myself than anything.

Speaking of flashbacks, Halloween is around the corner, and my son TY is dying to wear his costume. He runs around the house with the mask, but I have yet to allow him to wear the full costume. He is going to be Iron Man...he is chomping at the bit!
Cade doesn't dress up. He refuses! He loves to see all the costumes, but doesn't want to wear any. Jason mentioned I should make a t-shirt that says "Don't do costumes, but will take your candy!" Oh my gosh...that is soooooo CADE!!!
Oh wait I started with "speaking of flashbacks". Yes back to that. I was convinced by a few individuals to do this, so for Halloween I will be wearing my high school senior year cheerleaders uniform. Yes it still fits, and it is intact. My mom has all my uniforms, but that is the only one that still fits. I have the pom poms, the socks, the bloomers everything. The uniform is 20 years old...can you believe it? It freaks me out to even say it! I may allow pics to be taken if so, I will think about posting, we shall see!

Anyway, off to errands and such...have a fab day!!! :)

No comments: