Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Potty Training, Gymnastics and Swimming- OH MY!!

One week has passed and I am proud to report that Cade is doing great with his potty training...in fact there is no more timer, and he is going on his own. We have got the "pee pee" down, and now working on the poops...it's usually the last to come. I know for those who don't have kids TMI, but sorry, this is where my life is right now. In fact, I rock since I had to do it on my own (look I have to pat myself on the back to be able to move on!). With Jason gone I had to count on Ty (my 4 yr old) to help, but in between computer games, superheros, and his own agenda, I was really on my own. You know these 4 yr olds have a very busy schedule!
So I wanted plenty of activities for the month of July since it is unbelievably hot here, and I can't just keep the boys contained in 4 walls. We started gymnastics and swimming classes. Saturday was our first gym class. Ty loved it Cade screamed the entire time. In fact, he would not even participate unless I was in the gym. Just my luck, I thought I would have 1 hour of peace, and instead I was among 10 or so running toddlers...story of my life. We will try again this weekend only my mom will be taking them since I will be in Austin for teacher training (well really San Marcos). Swimming started on Monday. Ty LOVES it, and of course Cade ran around screaming and yelling NO! If you have not seen a pattern yet with Cade, well one is arising. I don't even want to think how it will be when he starts school. Cade is one of those kids who have a hard time with change, which is not in my favor being a military family. Once he gets a chance to get in the groove so to speak, he will be fine, but it is always a battle at first. Ty was always so easy, so I am not sure how to handle these things sometimes. Swimming classes are 45 minutes in the pool. Monday Cade was in the pool for 20 minutes then he was put in time out for running around and not listening. Who gets put in time out during swimming class? Yesterday he was in the pool for 7 minutes, and wanted out, he was done. He came to me and said "mommy dress now!". My first thought was "no, you ARE going to get in the pool and you WILL have fun!!, but then I came to my senses. Seriously Jen, forcing him to have fun. I am not going to force him to have fun, but I do want him to try it. We will try again today, and if not, I will not take him back. Perhaps next year. Hopefully I can get my money back...we shall see. Send good thoughts our way.
That's all for now. Have to get ready for swim class... I need to really hype it up so he wants to go and it will be his idea...you see what I have to deal with folks??
Do they take 3 year olds in boarding school?? haha

2 comments:

Jeremiah Wallace said...

OOOH! I miss swimming and gymnastics! So much fun (for me anyways).

Sykes said...

Miss you guys... boys are too cute.. of course.