Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pound Cake- All the Ingredients

So here is the deal with the pound cake story. I learned this throughout the weekend of Anusara Yoga teacher training back in June. Basically is getting down to the basics of things and building from there. Whether it is learning something new, or refining something you have been doing it is always a good start with a basic recipe. Still confused? Well, take teaching yoga for instance. Anusara Yoga to be specific. There is a basic formula that has to be in place for the class to be an Anusara Yoga class. If I don't plan out in advance or stick to basics I know and just jump in without following the "formula" there is a possibility that two things can happen. I could be really lucky it can go great, or it can really take a spiral down fast. I write of this because I am on a path to get certified in the Anusara Yoga method. I am in my final stages of becoming Anusara- Inspired status. The first step to the certification process. It's a long road people, but not difficult. My goal is to finish this by the time we leave for the islands. So really this fall. Even though this example basically is for me (well it is my blog anyway), really this example can go for anything in life. I obviously used teaching yoga because that is what I do. What do you do? By "baking a basic pound cake" (taking something on with care and precision), following the recipe to a T (really thinking it through), there is little room for error(unless you are like me that can burn toast), but seriously, there is a big difference. I learned in my training, that if you just bake a basic pound cake, follow the all the directions you will make a yummy cake, and edible cake. Once all of that is in place, and you can bake the recipe without looking at it, you are ready to add chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, etc. So many times in my life, I have jumped in with two feet, not thinking things through, and then once I am in, I am like "now what?" We can cultivate this sense of thought, planning, and putting it into motion the more we do it. For me and teaching yoga, I will get that pound cake recipe down, cause I really want to add chocolate chips..I love chocolate!! Thanks to all that support me through this journey, and to all my students from the Y and Dell who have allowed me to come into their lives and teach them something about this thing called yoga! (I hope I have anyway). Special thanks to my husband who has supported me since I started this new career of mine with training back in 2006. My love to you! Even though they can't read yet, thanks to my two vibrant boys whom I have missed weekends, evenings etc...Love you puk and coto. My cousin Beka and Sarah, and my mom whom have all watched my children when my husband had conflicting schedules...I could not have done it without you! OK now this is sounding like I have just won an academy award....Well I will be famous some day. I am constantly told I could win an award for Drama Queen...hehe

2 comments:

HFP said...

You go Jen!

Jen said...

Hey girl...love the island stories! Thanks for reading